The New York Times and Washington Post have recognized CSC’s work in school leadership. Recognizing the value of school leadership, and the need for new approaches to developing strong leaders, CSC conducted research on the most effective aspects of educational and private sector leadership development. This was compiled in a report, Learning to Lead, focusing on recommendations from business people for school leadership programs.
As of the school year 2012-13, the Leadership Academy is welcoming its fifth cohort of approximately 10 educators, representing both district and charter public schools.
The year-long Leadership Academy has several key features: Each participant has an education and a business mentor, each participant visits outstanding public schools in another city, each participant has a year long project designed to help improve achievement in her/his school, and each participant attends approximately 6 workshops throughout the year. The overall goal is to help develop much stronger skills and knowledge, leading to measurable improvement in schools led by leadership academy participants.
See all our Leadership Academy blog posts for news related to the project.
Leadership Academy videos
If you have trouble viewing the YouTube videos above because of your school’s content filtering software, try clicking on the links below:
KIPP School Houston, TX
- KIPP test prep and college readiness
- KIPP teachers are available in the evenings
- KIPP heritage and lineage
- KIPP’s goals 2yr, 4yr and other options
- KIPP – Big Literary Lessons
- Leadership development at KIPP
- KIPP through college (grades 6-16)
- KIPP Shine PREP (PreK – elementary)
- How does KIPP improve its faculty
- KIPP gratitude wall and KIPP SHINE Manifesto
- KIPP adminstrators help teachers achieve their goals
- How special ed works at KIPP
- KIPP – graduation ceremony at the end of the year
- How KIPP keeps teachers happy
- KIPP wall of honor
- What’s the KIPP leader reading?
- Teachers’ dress code issues at KIPP
Yes Prep School, Houston, TX
- YES Prep history of the campus
- YES Prep focus on college
- YES Prep – Middle School Pathways
- YES Prep – middle school students research to show there is a place for you on higher ed
- YES Prep focus on colleges and universities is unique
- YES Prep – College Counseling is our Meat and Potatoes
- College Corner at YES Prep
- YES Prep posts all college acceptance letters
- YES Prep importance of individual school goals
- YES Prep number of college students and graduates
- YES Prep seminar classes help prepare students for higher education
- YES Prep – college themed homerooms
- YES Prep students own their own path for post-secondary education
Reflections on the trip to Houston, TX